1½ cups Pecan Valley Pecan Meal
2 medium zucchini; unpeeled; ends trimmed
¼ cup cornstarch
¼ cup brown rice flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch sea salt
3 large eggs
¾ cups granulated sugar
2 tablespoons diced candied lemon peel; finely minced
Powdered sugar1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Butter the sides of an 8-inch-by-2-inch cake pan, line the base with a circle of baking parchment and butter the parchment.
2. Using a nut mill, grind zucchini into fine shreds. There should be 1 cup, firmly packed, or 6 ounces. Place in a sieve and press out the liquid.
3. In a large mixing bowl combine cornstarch, rice flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
4. In another bowl beat eggs with sugar until lemon-colored and very thick. A lifted beater should leave a slowly dissolving trail of batter.
5. Using a large rubber spatula, lightly fold in pecan meal and minced lemon peel, as though mixing a soufflé. Fluff up zucchini shreds and fold in.
6. Sift cornstarch-flour mixture over batter and quickly fold in, retaining as much volume as possible. Pour into prepared pan (the batter will be loose).
7. Bake in a preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
8. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before un-molding onto a rack. Peel off paper, reverse onto rack right side up and let cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.