6 ounce dried apricots (about 1½ cup)
1 tablespoon granulated sugar; to taste
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
⅓ cup light brown sugar; firmly packed
1 tablespoon unsalted butter; softened
⅔ cup Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces; toasted lightly
1. Preheat oven to 450ºF.
2. Prick potatoes and bake in middle of oven 1½ hours, or until very soft. Scoop flesh into a bowl.
3. In a saucepan cover apricots by 1ó with cold water and simmer until soft, about 30 minutes. Reserve 2 tablespoons of cooking liquid and drain apricots. In a food processor puree apricots with granulated sugar and reserved liquid until smooth.
4. Add puree to potatoes with sea salt to taste and with an electric mixer beat until smooth. Spread mixture in a buttered 2 quart shallow baking dish. Puree may be made to this point 1 day ahead and chilled, covered.
5. Reduce oven temperature to 400ºF.
6. In a small bowl blend with your fingers flour, brown sugar, butter, pecans, and sea salt to taste until combined well and crumble over puree.
7. Bake puree in middle of a preheated oven about 15 minutes until heated through and streusel is bubbling.