¾ cups orange juice
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
½ teaspoons ground nutmeg
½ cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup (plus 2 tablespoons) golden brown sugar; firmly packed
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ cup unsalted butter; at room temperature
½ cup Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Place 3 pounds sweet potatoes in baking pan and bake in a preheated oven until all potatoes are tender, about 1 hour. Maintain oven temperature.
3. Butter 8-inch-by-8-inch-by-2-inch square glass baking dish.
4. Scrap sweet potato pulp from potato skins. Using electric mixer, mash sweet potatoes. Add orange juice, eggs, melted butter, sugar, ground cinnamon, and nutmeg. Beat until sweet potatoes are smooth. Season to taste with sea salt and pepper.
5. Spoon potatoes into prepared baking dish.
6. Combine flour, brown sugar, and ground cinnamon in medium bowl. Add butter and cut in until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Mix in chopped pecans. Pour over sweet potatoes.
7. Bake uncovered in a preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
No comments yet.