2½ cups Bisquick
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon ground cloves
¾ teaspoons baking powder
2 cups granulated sugar
2½ cups Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces
1½ cups milk
1½ cups vegetable oil
¾ cups granulated sugar
½ cup water
1 2-inch strip orange peel
1 2-inch strip lemon peel
½ cinnamon stick
¼ cup honey
½ lemon; juiced
¼ cup Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon1. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
2. In a large mixing bowl, place the eggs, Bisquick, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, salt, cloves, baking powder, the 2 cups of sugar, the 2½ cups of chopped pecans, milk and oil. Blend them together with an electric mixer for 5 minutes. Turn the mixer on high and beat the batter for 15 seconds. Pour the batter into a baking pan that is 10-inch-by-14-inches, and 2½ inches deep.
3. Bake the cake in a preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
4. Remove the cake and let it sit for 2 hours.
5. In a medium saucepan, place the ¾ cups of sugar, water, orange peel, lemon peel, and cinnamon stick. Bring the ingredients to a boil and then simmer them for 5 minutes.
6. Add the honey and return the mixture to a boil.
7. Remove the pan from the heat and add the lemon juice.
8. Stir the ingredients together and let the syrup cool.
9. Remove the orange and lemon peels, and the cinnamon stick. Spread the syrup over the cake.
10. Sprinkle on the ¼ cup of chopped pecans and the ground cinnamon.
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar
2¼ cups flour
5 tablespoons canola oil1. Sift baking powder and sugar into flour. Sift together twice into large mixing bowl.
2. Slowly add oil, cutting in with pastry blender (or 2 knives), until mix is consistency of corn meal.
3. Store in tightly covered container at room temperature or may be refrigerated.