1¾ cups all-purpose flour
⅓ cup granulated sugar
1¼ cups Pecan Valley Pecan Meal
2 egg yolks
1 cup unsalted butter
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. In large bowl, mix flour, sugar and pecan meal.
3. Make a little well in the flour mixture and add the egg yolks.
4. Cut butter into small pieces and add to the flour mixture. Knead thoroughly and shape into a ball. Add flour, if needed, to prevent the dough from sticking to the bowl.
5. Cut the ball in 4 parts and shape each part in a roll about inch thick.
6. Cut ¼-inch pieces and form small crescents in the palm of your hand.
7. Place crescents on a greased baking sheet.
8. Bake in a preheated oven for about 9 to 10 minutes, until light brown.
9. While still warm, roll the crescents in the powdered sugar be careful, they break very easily, then place them on a board to cool.
10. Store in a cookie tin. The flavor actually improves with time.
Yield: About 3 dozen
No comments yet.