1 9-inch pie shell; unbaked
1 9-inch pastry crust; unbaked
¼ cup brown sugar; firmly packed
2 tablespoons unsalted butter; melted
½ cup Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces
4 cups pared and sliced apples
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Ice Cream or Whipped Cream
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
2. In 9-inch pie shell, combine brown sugar, margarine and pecans.
3. Carefully place one crust on top of sugar/nut mixture; trim even with edge of pie pan.
4. Combine remaining ingredients and put into pie crust.
5. Cover with remaining pie crust; trim even with edge of pie pan. Fold crust edge inward toward center of pie; seal edges with water. Prick top of crust to vent; place on foil-covered baking sheet.
6. Bake in a preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 2 minutes.
7. Carefully run knife tip around plate to loosen pie. Invert onto serving platter.
8. Serve warm with ice cream of whipped cream.