1 9-inch pie shell; unbaked
3 egg; slightly beaten
1 16-ounce can pumpkin pie filling
¾ cups brown sugar; firmly packed
1½ cups half and half
3 tablespoons bourbon
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ginger powder
¼ teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Brandy Pecan Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 425ºF.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, pumpkin, ¾ cups sugar, half-and-half, 3 tablespoons bourbon, cinnamon, ginger, and salt; mix well. Pour mixture into the pie shell.
3. Bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes.
4. Reduce heat to 350ºF.
5. Bake an additional 45 minutes or until set. Set aside to cool.
6. Spoon Brandy Pecan Sauce over the pie. Heat the remaining bourbon in a saucepan just long enough to produce fumes (do not boil); remove from heat, ignite, and pour over pie. Serve pie when flames die down.
1. Combine butter and ¼ cup brown sugar in a saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolved.
2. Add pecans and 2 tablespoons bourbon, stirring to coat.
3. Spoon mixture over pie.