1 10-inch pie shell; unbaked
1 large butternut squash
½ cup dark brown sugar; firmly packed
3 tablespoons maple syrup
¼ cup heavy cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
⅛ teaspoon grated nutmeg
½ cup brown sugar; firmly packed
1 cup light corn syrup
5 tablespoons unsalted butter; melted
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces; toasted
1. Bake squash at 350ºF until soft. Peel, seed, puree, and measure out 1½ cups. Set aside
2. In a large mixing bowl whisk butternut squash, brown sugar, maple syrup, eggs, cream, vanilla extract, salt, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg together until the sugar dissolves. Pour butternut mixture into an unbaked, 10-inch pie shell that has been brushed with egg white.
3. Bake in a preheated oven for 25 minutes.
4. Meanwhile make the second part of the filling. bowl whisk all the part two ingredients eggs, brown sugar, corn syrup, melted butter, and salt together. Set aside.
5. When the butternut filling is set, sprinkle evenly with pecan pieces. Gently pour the second filling over the nuts.
6. Return pie to the oven, and bake at 325ºF for 40 to 45 minutes, or until just set. Cool to room temperature and serve with lightly sweetened Whipped Cream.