1 large onion; finely chopped
6 cups butternut squash; peeled and seeded
1 cup Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces
3 tablespoons fresh parsley; minced
Freshly ground pepper
1. Dice squash into ½-inch cubes.
2. Toast pecans. Melt butter in heavy large skillet. Add onion and sauté until very tender, about 15 min. Add squash and toss to coat.
3. Cover and cook until squash is tender but still holds its shape, stirring frequently, about 15 to 30 minutes. Can be prepared 4 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.
4. Re-warm over med heat before continuing. Stir in half of pecans and half of parsley. Add sea salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to bowl.
5. Sprinkle with remaining pecans and parsley before serving.