1 9-inch pie shell; unbaked
1 9-inch pastry crust; unbaked
6 cups apples; thinly sliced; peel
⅔ cups Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces
½ cup cinnamon red hot candies
⅓ cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
⅓ cup all-purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
2. In large bowl, toss together apples, pecans, candies, ⅓ cup sugar and flour.
3. Pour into pie shell. Break or crumble the other pie crust into very small pieces.
4. Toss with remaining 2 tablespoons sugar. Sprinkle over apples.
5. Bake in a preheated oven for 55 to 60 minutes or until candies melt and bubble through the crumbled crust.
6. Cool completely before serving.