1¾ cups all-purpose flour
¼ cup granulated sugar
½ cup salted butter; chilled
2 large egg yolks
3 tablespoons ice water
1 cup dark corn syrup
½ cup plus 3 tablespoons salted butter
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons maple syrup
¼ teaspoon sea salt
2 large eggs; lightly beaten
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2½ cups Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces
1. Preheat oven to 300ºF.
2. Using food processor fitted with metal blade. Combine flour, sugar and butter. Process until dough resembles coarse meal. Add egg yolks and water. Process until a ball begins to form. Shape dough into a disk. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator 1 hour or until firm.
3. Combine corn syrup, butter, sugar, maple syrup, and salt in double broiler. Bring to a boil over medium heat and stir often. Then remove cookies to a wire rack and cool to room temperature. From heat and cool to room temperature. Once cool, add eggs and vanilla. Stir until smooth. Set syrup aside until ready to use.
4. Spray vegetable oil cooking spray on 8 to 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. On floured board using floured rolling pin, roll out dough to 10-inch circle, ¼ inch thick. Place pastry in pan. Lightly press into bottom and sides. Roll off excess dough from top edge with a rolling pin.
5. Fill pastry shell with pecans. Pour filling over nuts.
6. Bake in a preheated oven for 90 minutes or until golden brown. Let pie cool, and then remove sides of pan.
7. Serve sliced with Whipped Cream garnish.