1 9-inch Chocolate Pecan Crust; baked
1 package Knox Unflavored Gelatin
¼ cup cold water
2 cups whipping cream
1 ?-ounce package semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 extra eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup (about 22) caramels
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1. In small saucepan, sprinkle unflavored gelatin over cold water; let stand 1 minute.
2. Stir over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved, about 3 minutes.
3. Stir in one cup cream. Bring just to the boiling point; then immediately add to blender with chocolate. Process until chocolate is completely melted, about 1 minute. While processing, through feed cap, and ½ cup of the cream, eggs, and vanilla; process until blended. Pour into large bowl and chill until thickened, about 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in small saucepan, combine caramels, ¼ cup of the cream, and butter. Simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, until caramels are completely melted and mixture is smooth. Pour onto chocolate-pecan crust to cover bottom; let stand at room temperature to cool, about 10 minutes. With wire whisk or spoon, beat gelatin mixture until smooth. Pour into prepared crust; chill until firm, about 3 hours. Garnish with remaining ¼ cup of cream, whipped, and if desired, pecans.
Chocolate Pecan Crust
1 8½-ounce package chocolate wafers
¾ cups Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces; finely chopped
½ cup unsalted butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Crumble cookies to make about 2 cups crumbs.
3. In a large mixing bowl combine cookie crumbs with pecans and butter. Press into 9-inch pie pan and press up sides to form high rim.
4. Bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes. Cool.
No comments yet.