¼ cup granulated sugar
¼ cup light brown sugar; firmly packed
½ teaspoon vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
½ cup Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces
1 recipe Chocolate Glaze
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy; blend in vanilla. Add flour and mix only until blended; dough will be stiff. Stir in pecans and 1 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chip pieces.
3. Press dough into a 13-inch-by-9-inch pan. Sprinkle Top with ⅓ cup baking bits; press lightly into dough.
4. Bake in preheated oven 18 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely.
5. Drizzle with chocolate glaze. Cut into bars. Store in tightly covered container.
1 12-ounce package chocolate chips
1 or 2 tablespoons milk
1. Place semi-sweet chocolate chips in a microwave proof container; add 1 tablespoon milk. Heat 30 seconds on HIGH; stir until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is smooth; blend in additional milk, 1 teaspoonful at a time, to reach desired consistency.
2. Pour mixture into a zipper-type plastic sandwich bag; Close bag tightly, removing all air. Snip a tiny piece off one corner of the bag (not more than ⅛-inch). Holding top of bag tightly, drizzle glaze in desired pattern.