1¼ cups chocolate wafer crumbs
⅓ cup unsalted butter; melted
½ cup unsalted butter; softened
¾ cups brown sugar; firmly packed
12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 teaspoons instant coffee
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup all-purpose flour
1 cup Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces
Whipped Cream; sweetened
Maraschino cherries with stems
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine chocolate wafer crumbs and ⅓ cup melted butter; firmly press on bottom and sides of a 9-inch tart pan.
3. Bake in a preheated oven for 6 to 8 minutes.
4. Cream ½ cup softened butter; gradually add brown sugar with the electric mixer at medium speed until blended. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Stir in the melted chocolate, instant coffee granules, vanilla extract, flour and chopped pecans. Pour into the prepared crust.
5. Bake in a preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely on a rack.
6. Before serving, pipe sweetened Whipped Cream on each piece and drizzle with chocolate syrup. Garnish with cherries and/or mint if desired.
No comments yet.