½ cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces; finely chopped
1 cup dates; pitted and chopped
1. In large bowl cream butter and sugar. Mix in vanilla and stir in flour. Add pecans and dates; mix thoroughly. Shape dough into walnut-sized balls.
2. Transfer to waxed paper-lined tray. Freeze 15 minutes or refrigerate overnight.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4. Grease baking sheets. Arrange cookies on sheets, spacing 1-inch apart.
5. Bake in a preheated oven for about 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Roll in powdered sugar. Let cool slightly then roll in powdered sugar again. Store cookies in airtight container.