- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter; softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces
- ¾ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Butter and flour a large baking sheet.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl with an electric mixer beat together butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat until combined well. Stir in flour mixture to form a stiff dough. Stir in pecans and chocolate chips.
- On prepared baking sheet with floured hands, form dough into two slightly flattened logs, each 12-inches long and 2-inches wide, and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Bake logs in a preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until slightly firm to the touch.
- Cool biscotti on baking sheet 5 minutes. On a cutting board, cut biscotti diagonally into ¾-inch slices.
7. Arrange biscotti, cut sides down, on baking sheet and bake until crisp, about 10 minutes.
8. Cool biscotti on a rack. Biscotti keep in air-tight containers 1 week and, frozen, 1 month.
No comments yet.