3¼ cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
½ cup cold butter
⅔ cup cold lard
4 to 5 tablespoons ice water
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour and salt.
2. Add the butter and lard and work it in your hands until it resembles coarse crumbs.
3. Add the water, a little at a time, using your hands until the dough comes together in the palm of your hand. Do not over work the dough.
4. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. Remove the dough from the refrigerator and place on a lightly floured surface. Roll out the dough to desired thickness.
Yield: 1 9-inch pie shell
No comments yet.