5 egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¾ cups granulated sugar
½ cup Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces
Sweetened whipped cream or top milk
1. Preheat oven to 325ºF.
2. Set aside 6 whole stewed figs for topping. Puree or mash remaining figs, snipping off stems first.
3. In a large mixing bowl, whip egg whites until very stiff. Add vanilla, and then slowly whip in sugar.
4. By hand, fold in figs and broken pecan meats. Place in unbuttered baking pan or casserole.
5. Bake in a preheated oven for about 45 minutes or until puffed and delicately firm.
6. Serve while warm in dessert dishes and top each with whole fig and pecan half. Pass sweetened whipped cream or top milk.