1 9-inch pie shell; unbaked
⅓ cup unsalted butter or margarine
⅓ cup Hershey’s Cocoa
⅔ cups granulated sugar
¼ teaspoon sea salt
3 eggs, slightly beaten
¾ cups light corn syrup
1 cup Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces
1 cup Pecan Valley Pecan Halves
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
2. Melt butter over low heat; add cocoa and stir until smooth. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
3. Stir in sugar, salt, eggs and corn syrup. Blend thoroughly.
4. Stir in chopped nuts, if desired. Pour into unbaked pie shell. Place pecan halves over top.
5. Bake in a preheated oven for 40 minutes. Cool. Let stand 8 hours before serving.
6. Garnish with sweetened whipped whipping cream or whipped topping.
Makes 8 servings
No comments yet.