1 chocolate crumb pie shell
3 eggs; separated
⅛ teaspoon sea salt
¾ cups maple syrup
2 cups cool whip
1 cup Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces
2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate; shaved
1. In a large mixing bowl beat egg yolks until lemon colored.
2. Add salt and maple syrup.
3. Cook in top of double boiler until yolk mixture thickens. Cool.
4. In another bowl beat egg whites until stiff.
5. Combine maple mixture, egg whites and ⅔ of the cool whip, using a folding motion.
6. Fold in ¾ cups of the nut meats. Scrape into baked pie shell.
7. Cover with remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle with remaining nut meats and chocolate shavings.
8. Freeze for a minimum of four hours.
No comments yet.