2 cup buttermilk
1½ cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
Pepper to taste
1 cup unsalted butter or margarine; melted
⅓ cup honey
⅛ teaspoon lemon peel
1 tablespoon bourbon
1 cup Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces
1. Soak chicken pieces overnight in buttermilk (or at least several hours).
2. Mix flour, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and pepper. Dredge chicken in this. Let chicken “rest” after coating with flour mix for bout 30 minutes (so coating “sticks”).
3. Heat small amount oil in large fry pan.
4. Cook about 8 minutes per side (for boneless pieces, longer for with bone) until no longer pink.
5. Make sauce: mix melted butter or oleo, honey, lemon peel and bourbon. Mix and heat until warm.
6. Pour over cooked chicken. Top with chopped pecans.