1 9-inch pie shell; unbaked
1 cup light corn syrup
½ cup granulated sugar
¼ cup unsalted butter or margarine; melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips; reserve 2 tablespoons
1½ cups Pecan Valley Pecan Halves
2 tablespoons reserved semi-sweet chocolate chips
10 Pecan Valley Pecan Halves
1. Preheat oven to 325ºF.
2. In large bowl, combine corn syrup, sugar, margarine, vanilla and eggs; beat well. Reserve 2 tablespoons chocolate chips for topping.
3. Stir in remaining chocolate chips and 1½ cups pecans. Spread evenly in pastry-lined pan.
4. Bake in a preheated oven for 55 to 65 minutes or until deep golden brown and filling is set. Cool completely.
5. Line cookie sheet with waxed paper. Melt 2 tablespoons reserved chocolate chips in small saucepan over low heat. Dip each of 10 pecan halves into chocolate. Place on paper-lined cookie sheet. Refrigerate 15 to 20 minutes or until chocolate is set.
6. Garnish pie with Whipped Cream and chocolate-dipped nuts. Store in refrigerator.