1 9-inch pie shell; unbaked
½ cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon sea salt
¼ cup raisins
¼ cup Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces
1 16-ounce can pumpkin pie filling
1 12-ounce can evaporated milk
1 teaspoon maple extract
2 eggs; slightly beaten
1 recipe Whipped Cream Maple Topping
Pecan Valley Pecan Halves
1. Preheat oven to 425ºF
2. In large bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, salt, raisins, pecans, pumpkin, evaporated milk, maple extract and beaten eggs. Blend well. Pour into pie shell.
3. Bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes.
4. Reduce oven temp to 350ºF
5. Bake an additional 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cover edge of crust with strips of foil after 15 to 20 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning. Cool completely.
Whipped Cream Maple Topping
1½ cups whipping cream
¼ cup powdered sugar
½ teaspoon maple extract
1. In small bowl, beat whipping cream until soft peaks form.
2. Add powdered sugar and maple extract; beat until stiff peaks form.
3. Spread over cooled pie. Garnish with pecan halves. Refrigerate until serving time