1 9-inch pie shell; unbaked
1 16-ounce can pumpkin pie filling
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ teaspoon ground allspice
½ teaspoon ground cloves
½ teaspoon sea salt
2 large eggs
1 13-ounce can evaporated milk
1 recipe Crunchy Pecan Topping
1. Preheat oven to 425ºF.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine the pumpkin, sugar, spices and salt in a bowl mixing well. Add the eggs and evaporated milk. Beat until smooth, using a rotary beater or an electric mixer. Pour into the unbaked pie shell.
3. Bake in a preheated oven for oven for 15 minutes
4. Reduce the temperature to 350ºF.
5. Bake for an additional 45 minutes or until a knife inserted halfway between the center and edge comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
6. Prepare the Crunch Pecan Topping and sprinkle over the cooled pie then place the pie under the broiler flame (5 inches from the heat source) until the mixture begins to bubble, about 1 minute. Cool to room temperature on a wire rack.
Place the softened butter, brown sugar, and pecans in a bowl and mix until crumbly with a fork.