⅔ cups granulated sugar
½ cup dark brown sugar; firmly packed
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
¾ cups all-purpose flour
1¼ cups quick oatmeal; raw
1 cup raisins
1 cup Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces
1. Preheat oven to 325ºF.
2. Lightly grease two 17-inch-by-14 inch cookies sheets.
3. In a large bowl of electric mixer, beat butter, sugars, egg and vanilla at medium-high speed until fluffy.
4. Reduce mixer speed to low, add flour and oatmeal, increase mixer speed gradually and beat just until blended.
5. Stir in raisins and nuts.
6. Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of dough 2½ inches apart onto prepared sheets.
7. Bake 1 sheet at a time in a preheated oven for 17 minutes or until edges of cookies are lightly browned and tops look dry.
8. Cool on sheet on wire rack 5 minutes. Remove to rack to cool completely.