¾ cups granulated sugar
⅓ cup margarine
¼ cup water
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
2¾ cups all-purpose flour
½ cup Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces
2¼ teaspoons baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, blend the eggs with the sugar; beat in the margarine, water, vanilla and almond extract until smooth. Add the flour, pecans and baking powder; mix until the dough forms a ball.
3. Divide the dough in half; shape each portion into a 12-inch long log and place on the baking sheet.
4. Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes.
5. Cut the longs on an angle into ½-inch thick slices. Place the slices, cut side down, on the cookie sheet.
6. Continue baking for 20 minutes longer, or until lightly browned. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks, or freeze for up to 1 month.