2 cups all-purpose flour; sifted
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon sea salt
¾ cups unsalted butter; softened
2 cups brown sugar; firmly packed
1 cup Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Measure Special K Cereal; crush to 1½ cups. Set aside.
3. Sift together flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Set aside.
4. Place margarine and sugar in large mixer bowl; beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs; beat well. Add sifted dry ingredients; mix until thoroughly combined.
5. Stir in Special K and pecans.
6. Drop by level measuring-tablespoons onto lightly greased baking sheets.
7. Bake in a preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
8. Remove immediately from baking sheets; cool on wire racks.
Yield: about 5 dozen pecan chews, 2½-inch in diameter