½ cup All-Bran, Bran Buds, Fiber One or 100% Bran
¼ cup Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces
½ cup (1 stick) margarine
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup brown sugar; firmly packed
¼ cup egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 teaspoons water
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
2. Place oatmeal, cereal and pecans in a bowl and mix lightly. Set aside.
3. Cream margarine and sugars together at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs whites vanilla and water, and mix at medium speed for 1 minute, scraping down the bowl before and after adding egg whites, vanilla and water.
4. Stir flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together, add to creamy mixture, and mix at medium speed only until oatmeal is blended into dough.
5. Drop by 1½ tablespoonfuls onto a cookie sheet that have been sprayed with Pam spray or lined with aluminum foil.
6. Bake in preheated oven for about 12 minutes; then remove cookies to a wire rack and cool to room temperature.