1 9-inch pie shell; unbaked
¾ cup pumpkin
2 tablespoons light brown sugar; firmly packed
1 large egg
2 tablespoons sour cream
⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
⅛ teaspoon grated nutmeg
¾ cups light corn syrup
½ cup light brown sugar; firmly packed
3 large eggs
3 tablespoons unsalted butter; melted and cooled
1⅓ cups Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces
2 teaspoons vanilla
¼ teaspoon grated lemon rind
1½ teaspoons lemon juice
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 425ºF.
2. In a large mixing bowl whisk together until smooth pumpkin, about 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1 egg, sour cream, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, combine corn syrup, about ½ cup brown sugar, 3 eggs, about 3 tablespoons butter, vanilla, lemon rind, lemon juice and sea salt. Stir in pecans.
4. Spread the pumpkin layer into the pie shell, and then carefully spoon the pecan mixture over it.
5. Bake in the upper third of a preheated oven for 20 minutes, and then reduce to 350ºF.
6. Continue baking for 20 to 30 minutes more. The filling will puff slightly, but the center will not be completely set. Cool on a rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
7. Reheat in a preheated 350ºF oven for 10 to 15 minutes.