¾ cups brown sugar; firmly packed
1 egg; beaten
¾ cups unsalted butter; cold
¾ cups Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces
14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. In large bowl, combine flour, sugar and egg; cut in ½ cup margarine until crumbly. Stir in pecans. Reserve 2 cups of crumb mix. Press remainder of crumb mix on bottom of greased 9-inch-by-13 pan.
3. Bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in heavy saucepan, over low heat, melt caramels with sweetened milk and remaining ¼ cup butter. Pour over prepared crust. Top with reserved crumb mix.
5. Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes or until bubbly. Cool.
6. Cut into bars. Store loosely covered at room temperature.