⅔ cups granulated sugar
Dry sugar substitute equal to equal to ¼ cup sugar (optional)
¼ cup egg; (whites)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon pecan flavoring;
¼ cup water
2 cups all-purpose flour
⅓ cup Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces
2 teaspoons dry buttermilk
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. In a large mixing bowl cream margarine, sugar and dry sugar substitute together at medium speed until lightly and creamy.
3. Add egg whites, flavoring and water, and mix at medium speed for 30 seconds, scraping down the bowl before and after adding egg whites, flavorings and water.
4. Stir flour, nuts, dry buttermilk, baking soda and salt together to blend well, and add to creamy mixture. Mix at medium speed to blend.
5. Drop dough by 1½ tablespoonful onto cookie sheets that have been sprayed with pan spray or lined with aluminum foil.
6. Press each cookie down to ½ thick with the back of a tablespoons dipped in cold water.
7. Bake in a preheated oven for 12 to 14 minutes, or until cookies are browned on the bottom.
8. Remove them to a wire rack and cool room temperature.