½ cup unsalted butter
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ cup all-purpose flour
1 cup Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces; divided
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. In top of double boiler, melt butter with chocolate. Remove from heat. 2.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, mix sugar, eggs and vanilla, add chocolate mixture and stir to blend.
4. Stir in flour gradually. Add ¾ cups nuts. Blend well.
5. Spoon batter into greased 9-inch pie pan. Sprinkle top with remaining ¼ cup pecans.
6. Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes.
7. Cool before cutting into wedges. Pie may be refrigerated or frozen.
8. Add a scoop of French vanilla ice cream to top of slice of pie just before serving