20 Ritz Crackers; crushed
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 egg whites
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
½ cup Pecan Valley Pecan Halves
3 ounces milk chocolate; finely shredded
Whipped cream or ice cream
1. Preheat oven to 325ºF.
2. In a large mixing bowl mix cracker crumbs and baking powder.
3. Beat egg whites stiff, then very gradually add sugar, continuing to beat.
4. Add vanilla.
5. Fold egg whites and crackers together. Put in a buttered 9-inch pie plate.
6. Arrange pecans across top.
7. Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes.
8. Remove from oven, sprinkle with shredded chocolate, then put under the broiler for a few seconds, watching closely so that the chocolate melts but does not scorch.
9. Serve with Ice Cream or Whipped Cream.
No comments yet.