¼ cup Wild Turkey Bourbon
½ teaspoon thyme
½ teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon sea salt
2 pheasant; 3 pounds each
2 pounds seedless grapes
1 cup Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces
1. Preheat oven to 425ºF.
2. Melt butter in small saucepan and mix in bourbon, thyme, pepper and salt. Rub birds inside and out with part of seasoned butter mixture.
3. Mash half the grapes. Mix mashed grapes, whole grapes, and pecans with remaining seasoned butter until well blended.
4. Place mixture inside birds and truss birds closed. Place birds on rack in open roaster, breast side up.
5. Roast in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
6. Reduce oven temperature to 325ºF.
7. Continue baking for 45 minutes. Baste frequently with drippings.