¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1 cup brown sugar; firmly packed
3 cups all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons Pecan Valley Pecan Meal
1. Preheat oven to 410ºF.
2. In a large mixing bowl cream butter and sugar.
3. Add egg and beat well.
4. Sift flour, measure, and sift with salt and nutmeg. Add to creamed mixture.
5. Add flavorings. Mix thoroughly.
6. Form into rolls 1½ inches in diameter. Chill overnight.
7. Cut in thin slices. Place on slightly oiled baking sheet.
8. Bake in a preheated oven for about 10 minutes.
Yield: 48 servings.