¼ cup unsalted butter; softened
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 large firm, ripe peaches; peeled pitted, thinly sliced; to equal about 2½ cups
1 large egg white
¼ cup Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Use mixer to cream sugar, butter and generous dash of sea salt. Add 1 cup flour and mix until just combined. Reserve about ½ cup mixture for topping. Refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Spoon remaining mixture into greased 9-inch square baking pan, distributing as evenly as possible. Press dough into thin, even layer using a piece of plastic wrap or wrapping hand in small plastic food bag.
4. Bake in a preheated oven for about 15 minutes until lightly browned.
5. Combine 2 tablespoons flour, sugar, dash of sea salt and cinnamon in 1-quart bowl. Toss peach slices with flour mixture. Closely overlap peach slices over slightly cooled crust. Use all peach slices. They will cook down. Crumble reserved topping evenly over peaches.
6. In bowl beat egg white with a fork until frothy. Dab crumbs and surface with egg white. Scatter pecans over top.
7. Bake in a preheated oven for about 50 minutes until lightly browned.
8. Cool completely on rack, then refrigerate until chilled. Cut chilled pastry into quarters, transfer quarters to cutting board and cut each into 4 squares. Serve chilled.
Makes 16 (2¼-inch) squares