2 cups brown sugar; firmly packed
½ cup unsalted butter; at room temperature
1 cup Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups (about 2 large) tart apples; peeled and thinly sliced
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease 9-inch-by-13 baking dish.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar and butter and then mix until finely crumbled. Stir in pecans. Press 2 cups of mixture evenly into prepared dish.
3. In another bowl add cinnamon, soda and salt and blend well. Beat in egg, sour cream and vanilla. Gently stir in apples. Spoon evenly into dish.
4. Bake in a preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes (cake begins to pull away from sides and tester comes out clean). Cool completely in pan.
5. Serve with whipped cream.