¼ cup unsalted butter; softened
1 cup all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon sea salt
⅔ cups apricot jam
⅔ cups Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces
2 tablespoons raisins
2 tablespoons golden raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
2. With an electric mixer on medium speed, blend the sour cream and butter until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add the flour and salt and blend until the dough comes together, about 30 seconds.
3. Form the dough into 2 disks, wrap in plastic and chill overnight.
4. Remove the dough from the refrigerator and let soften slightly, for about 10 minutes.
5. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each disk to a circle about 9- to 10-inches in diameter and less than ⅛ inch thick.
6. Spread ⅓ cup apricot jam over the surface of 1 disk, leaving a ¼ inch border around the edges. Sprinkle ⅓ cup of the pecans, 1 tablespoon of the raisins and 1 tablespoon of the golden raisins over the jam.
7. Roll up the dough jelly-roll fashion, pinching the ends together. Carefully lift the roll with your hands and transfer to the baking sheet. With a sharp knife, slice the roll halfway through into about 12 sections.
8. Repeat the procedure with the remaining dough and filling.
9. Bake in a preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes.
10. Cut the slices through; cool completely on the sheet.
11. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week or freeze for several months.