½ cup brown sugar; lightly packed
3 cups flour, all-purpose
1 large egg
1 recipe Carmel Pecan Filling
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Combine butter, brown sugar, flour and egg food processor or with electric mixer until blended. Press evenly in 15-inch-by-10-inch-by-¾-inch jelly roll pan.
3. Bake in a preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely. Cut into squares.
¾ cups unsalted butter
½ cup honey, liquid
¾ cups brown sugar; lightly packed
¼ cup whipping cream
3 cups Pecan Valley Pecan Halves
1. Spread pecans evenly over crust.
2. In large, heavy saucepan, melt butter and honey. Add brown sugar. Boil 5 to 7 minutes, stirring constantly, until a rich brown caramel color. Remove from heat. Stir in cream. Mix well and pour over pecans.
3. Continue baking for 15 minutes longer. Cool, and then cut into bars. Freezes well
Makes: about 50 bars