3 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 pounds carrots
1 cup unsalted butter; softened
1 cup light brown sugar; firmly packed
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
2 tablespoons grated orange peel
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 cup Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces
1 cup seedless raisins
Cream Cheese Glaze
½ cup Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces
1. Lightly grease and flour a 10-by-4-inch tube pan.
2. Sift flour with baking powder, soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
3. Wash and pare carrots; grate on medium grater or use coarse blade of food processor. Should measure 4 cups.
4. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
5. In large bowl of mixer, at high speed, beat butter and brown and granulated sugars, occasionally scraping side of bowl with rubber scraper, until light and fluffy—about 4 minutes.
6. Add eggs, one at a time; beat well after each addition until smooth and light.
7. In a small mixing bowl, combine lemon and orange peels and juices.
8. At low speed, beat in flour mixture (in fourths), alternately with lemon-orange mixture (in thirds), beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat just until smooth—about 1 minute.
9. With wooden spoon, stir in grated carrot, nuts and raisins; mix well. Turn into the prepared tube pan; spread evenly.
10. Bake in a preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
11. Cool in pan on wire rack 20 minutes, to cool slightly.
12. Meanwhile, make Cream-Cheese Glaze.
13. After cake has cooled, gently loosen edge of cake with spatula.
14. Turn out of pan onto rack. Spread glaze over top of the warm cake, letting it run down side of cake. Carefully remove cake to cake platter. Sprinkle chopped pecans around top edge of cake
1. In medium bowl, combine cream cheese, lemon juice, lemon peel and powdered sugar.
2. With portable electric mixer at high speed, beat mixture until smooth. Set aside.