1 Chocolate Crumb Pie Shell
3 eggs; separated
⅛ teaspoon sea salt
¾ cups maple syrup
2 cups Kool Whip
1 cup Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces
2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate; shaved
1. In a large mixing bowl beat egg yolks until lemon colored. Add salt and maple syrup. Cook in top of double boiler until yolk mixture thickens. Cool.
2. In another bowl beat egg whites until stiff.
3. Combine maple mixture, egg whites and twp-thirds of the Kool Whip, using a folding motion.
4. Fold in ¾ cups of the nut meats. Scrape into baked Chocolate Crumb Pie shell.
5. Cover with remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle with remaining nut meats and chocolate shavings.
6. Freeze for a minimum of four hours.
Chocolate Crumb Pie Shell
1½ cups chocolate cookie crumbs
¼ cup unsalted butter; softened
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
2. In a large mixing bowl mix ingredients until thoroughly blended.
3. Press into a 9-inch pie pan.
4. Bake in a preheated oven for 8 minutes. Cool.