1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon sea salt
¾ teaspoons ground cardamom
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
8 tablespoons unsalted butter; softened
¾ cups light brown sugar; firmly packed
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup grated carrots
1 cup Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces
½ cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
2. Combine the flour, baking powder and soda, salt and spices. Beat the butter with the sugar for 2 to 3 minutes until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in the egg and the vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture. Stir in carrots, nuts and raisins.
4. Drop the batter by generous tablespoons onto the greased baking sheets 2 inches apart.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes until edges are lightly browned.