2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
1 teaspoon vanilla
1½ cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon soda
1 teaspoon sea salt
3 cups Quick or Old-Fashioned Quaker Oats; uncooked
Milk chocolate bars
Pecan Valley Pecan Halves
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
2. Beat shortening and sugar together until creamy. Blend in eggs and vanilla.
3. Sift together flour, soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture; blend well. Stir in oats. Chill dough several hours or overnight.
4. Shape to form 1-inch balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart.
5. Bake in a preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Immediately place a small square of milk chocolate bar on each.
6. Remove cookies from cookie sheets; press pecan half into chocolate.