12 ounces butterscotch chips
2½ cups flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon sea salt
10 tablespoons unsalted butter; softened
⅔ cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
⅓ cup Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Butter a 13-inch-by-9-inch pan. Line bottom and sides with foil.
3. Heat condensed milk and chips over low heat, stirring, until chips melt. Combine flour, soda and salt.
4. Beat butter and sugar until creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla until light and fluffy. Beat in flour mixture until dough just comes together. Reserve ½ cup dough. Press remaining dough into bottom and ½-inch up sides of pan.
5. Pour butterscotch filling onto dough. Crumble remaining dough on top. Sprinkle with pecans.
6. Bake in a preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Using foil, lift from pan and cut into squares.