1¾ cups all-purpose flour; divided
⅓ cup unsalted butter; chilled and cut into pieces
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 pinch sea salt
½ cup unsalted butter
½ cup granulated sugar
12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips; divided
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate; chopped
1½ cups dark corn syrup
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon sea salt
3 cups toasted Pecan Valley Pecan Halves
1. Preheat oven to 325ºF.
2. Mix 1¼ cups flour, butter, sugar and salt together with electric mixer. Beat on low for 5 minutes until mixture is crumbly. Add ice water by spoonfuls while mixer is running on low speed until a dough forms. Remove dough from bowl and place on board lightly covered with flour. Knead into a smooth dough ball. Flatten into a disk. Cover with plastic and chill a few hours.
3. When chilled, roll out into a 15-inch circle about ⅛ inch thick. Place in 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Press into bottom and sides of pan. Trim off excess dough leaving a 1 inch overhang. Turn inside and crimp edge. Cover loosely and chill 30 minutes.
4. Heat butter and sugar in saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil. Cook a few minutes. Remove from heat. Pour into mixing bowl and add half the chocolate chips and all the unsweetened chocolate. Stir until chocolate has melted. Add dark corn syrup, vanilla and salt. Beat in eggs using electric mixer on medium speed one at a time. Beat until mixture is smooth. Place pastry shell on baking sheet.
5. Evenly sprinkle pecan halves over bottom of pastry. Sprinkle remaining 6 ounces chocolate chips over pecans. Slowly pour batter over all.
6. Bake in a preheated oven for hour.
7. Reduce temperature to 300ºF
8. Bake another 40 minutes. Remove pie from oven and cool to room temp. Chill 1 hour before cutting