¾ cups brown sugar; firmly packed
2 large eggs
½ cup plus 2 tablespoons sweetened shredded coconut
2¼ cups all-purpose flour
1½ teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1 cup Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces
1. Using electric mixer, cream butter and sugar in large bowl to blend. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in coconut. Mix flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Gradually stir dry ingredients into butter mixture. Mix in pecans. Cover and refrigerate dough 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 325ºF. Line cookie sheet with parchment.
3. Turn dough out onto floured work surface. Divide dough in half. Shape each half into 2-inch-wide log. Transfer logs to prepared cookie sheet, spacing evenly.
4. Bake in a preheated oven for about 35 minutes until logs are golden brown, firm to touch and tester inserted into centers comes out clean,. Cool logs about 20 minutes on cookie sheet.
5. Reduce oven temperature to 325ºF.
6. Transfer logs to work surface. Discard parchment. Cut each log diagonally into ½-inch-thick slices. Arrange cookies flat sides down on unlined cookie sheets.
7. Continue baking for until crisp and golden brown, about 15 minutes. Transfer cookies to racks and cool completely. Can be prepared 2 weeks ahead. Store at room temperature in airtight container.
No comments yet.