1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon sea salt
12 tablespoons unsalted butter; softened
1 cup light brown sugar; firmly packed
¾ cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs; room temp
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
12 ounce semi-sweet chocolate cut into ¼-inch chunks
1 cup macadamia nuts; coarsely chopped
½ cup Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line two baking sheets with baking parchment or aluminum foil.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Sift the mixture.
3. In a large bowl, using a mixer set at low speed, beat the butter for 30 to 45 seconds or until creamy. Gradually add the sugars and beat at medium speed for 1 to 2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
4. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition, and then add the vanilla. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the flour mixture. Add the chocolate chunks, macadamia nuts and pecans, and stir until well combined.
5. Form the cookies by packing the dough into a ¼-cup measuring cup. Drop the formed dough onto the baking sheets, leaving about 3 inches between cookies. Flatten the dough slightly with the palm of your hand.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges but still slightly soft in the center. Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely.