½ cup solid vegetable shortening
1½ cups granulated sugar
1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
1½ cups Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces
⅓ cup raspberry jam
Velvet Chocolate Glaze
Chocolate dipped Pecan Valley Pecan Halves for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 325ºF.
2. In a 3-quart saucepan melt chocolate with shortening over warm water; let cool slightly.
3. In a large mixing bowl blend together, egg, sugar, vanilla and salt; stir in chocolate mixture, then flour. Fold in pecans. Turn into well-greased 8-inch square pan.
4. Bake in a preheated oven for about 40 min.
5. Spoon jam over hot brownies; spread carefully. Let cool.
6. Spread Velvet Chocolate Glaze over brownies and top with chocolate-dipped pecans. Cut into bars.
1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1 cup sifted powdered sugar
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a small saucepan, melt chocolate. Blend in butter and corn syrup.
2. Stir in sugar, milk and vanilla. Mix well.