¾ cups unsalted butter
1¾ cups granulated sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325ºF.
2. Line a 13-inch-inch-by-9-inch glass pan with a double layer of tin foil. Extend the foil ends a couple of inches over the shorter side of the pan. Grease the tin foil with butter.
3. Place chocolate in a 1½-quart microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium (50%) 2 minutes; stir. Microwave on medium 30 seconds to 1 minute longer, or until chocolate can be stirred smooth and is glossy, stirring twice.
4. Mix in sugar; blend well. Allow to cool a bit.
5. Add the three eggs; beat in well. Now add the flour, blending it in well. Add the nuts. Pour batter into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the batter.
6. Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Don’t overcook this. Remove from oven.
7. Allow to cool before cutting. Cut into portions which meet with your discretion. This is a dense, chewy, fudgey type brownie.