2 tablespoons unsalted butter,
1 cup sweet potato; cooked and mashed
2 egg; slightly beaten
¾ cups brown sugar; firmly packed
½ teaspoon ground ginger
1 pint whipping cream
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon grated nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ cup dark corn syrup
1 cup evaporated milk
1½ cups Pecan Valley Pecan Pieces
¼ cup praline liqueur or Pecan Valley Pecan Halves; soaked in Frangelica
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
2. In a large bowl, stir butter into sweet potatoes. Add all remaining in ingredients sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract, salt, corn syrup, and evaporated milk; blend well.
3. To assemble pie: pour sweet-potato filling into prepared pie crust; sprinkle chopped pecans evenly over top.
4. Bake in a preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes until filling is set and a knife inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a rack to room temperature before slicing.
5. Meanwhile prepare topping. In a large mixing bowl combine cream, powdered sugar and liqueur. Beat with an electric mixer until large, soft peaks form. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve.
6. To serve, top pie with topping. Top with pecan halves.
No comments yet.